Since the beginning of the 20th century, Moscow has absorbed several hundred settlements, becoming one of the largest cities on the planet. Most often, the borders were expanded at the expense of villages and workers’ settlements, but sometimes entire cities turned into districts of the capital.
Losinoostrovsk was founded in 1898 as a dacha village, the proximity to the capital and the nearby railway led to the rapid growth of residents. For 50 years, their number has grown 29 times, from 4 thousand to 114!
In 1939 the city
Over time, all private and multi-apartment wooden houses, characteristic of that time, were demolished and built up with a panel residential area. However, the old Soviet constructivist buildings and the city’s main park are still preserved and remind of an independent past.
A city with a long history, mentioned at least since the beginning of the 17th century. Kuntsevo
At the time of joining the capital in 1960, the city had a developed industrial and social structure, it was the regional center of the Moscow region.
It has been known since the 17th century, in 1969
The village began to grow actively in the 1930s, when glider, aircraft and aircraft engine factories were built. In 1938, Tushino acquired the status of a city, and by 1960 it was absorbed by Moscow. At that time, the city numbered 90 thousand people.
One of the oldest settlements near Moscow. Once the area was covered with forest and was the hunting grounds of the Moscow princes. It is believed that this is what the toponym Perovo testifies to.
The village has been developing since the second half of the 19th century, when two railways were laid in the vicinity at once. In Soviet times, the settlement was overgrown with factories, and by the middle of the 20th century it had already become a developed industrial city with a population of almost 150 thousand people. Became part of Moscow in 1960.
Let’s twin the city of Perovo, which almost completely repeated its fate. During the period of the Russian Empire, the village was resold several times and passed from hand to hand from one landowner to another, was an underdeveloped settlement and was used as a summer vacation spot for wealthy nobles.
After the revolution, Lyublino turned into a workers’ settlement and began to quickly overgrow with apartment buildings.
Once a small 20-thousand-strong working village, formed around a brick factory. Unlike other towns near Moscow, Ochakovo developed towards agriculture and by the end of the 1920s became famous as the largest state farm. The city became a district of Moscow in 1960.
In total, during the Soviet period, Moscow swallowed up 7 large cities.